Investments in Japan operations showcase identity leader’s growth and commitment to customer success
SAN FRANCISCO / TOKYO — November 12, 2021 — Okta, Inc. (NASDAQ:OKTA), the leading independent provider of identity, today announced its new state-of-the-art, Amazon Web Services-based Okta infrastructure, planned to launch in February 2022 to support the company’s growing customer base in Japan. The launch highlights Okta’s commitment to the Japanese market.
“Organizations globally know that Identity Access Management is critical to helping them adopt new technologies while simultaneously engaging and protecting their workforces and customers. We are investing in global expansion to accelerate our vision to enable everyone to safely use any technology,” said Sagnik Nandy, President of Technology and Chief Technology Officer, Okta. “For Okta’s growing customer-base in Japan, it makes sense that we have in- country infrastructure, with data stored in Japan, in order to operate at the highest level. The Okta Japan infrastructure adds to the list of Okta infrastructures that are already fully operational around the world, including the ones in AWS regions in North America, Europe and Australia. We will continue to offer customers Okta infrastructures in their home regions as we grow our international presence.”
The new Okta Japan infrastructure is built across two geographically separated AWS regions located in Tokyo and Osaka, and allows organizations in Japan to benefit from the Okta Identity Cloud by offering closer geographic proximity to the service and their data. An Okta infrastructure is an identical replica of the company’s infrastructure to deliver the products and features that Okta offers.
Key components of the Okta Japan Infrastructure include:
- Primary infrastructure service located in Tokyo with all data replicated to the disaster recovery region located in Osaka.
- No data will be replicated or backed up to Okta infrastructures in other regions (US, Europe or Australia).
- A multi-tenant architecture with maximum isolation and high availability designed to deliver 99.99% uptime and zero planned downtime.
- Any fault in infrastructure is contained within the specific Okta infrastructure, without impacting Okta infrastructures in other regions and vice-versa.
- The Okta infrastructure is built using redundant High Availability (HA) architecture so that even if an entire AWS region goes down, the Okta service continues to run as the service in the disaster recovery region is activated.
- Infrastructure and code base of Okta service updated on the same schedule as Okta infrastructures in other regions, as per standard operational and release practices.
“Our customer base in Japan has been growing since we opened our Tokyo office in September 2020. With the launch of the Okta Japan infrastructure, we can now provide our customers the option to host their Okta service in Japan depending on their needs. This will greatly contribute to further accelerating our business in the country,” said Takashi Watanabe, Country Manager, Okta Japan.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent identity provider. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With more than 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta provides simple and secure access to people and organizations everywhere, giving them the confidence to reach their full potential. More than 15,000 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Siemens, Slack, Takeda, Teach for America, and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.